Sunday, July 17, 2011

Pinwheel Fun!

Hello!  I'm super excited to share my card creations with my brand new blog.  Thank you for joining me.

This is a card I recently made for a really sweet boy that was turning 4.  I don't have a lot of kid-oriented stamps, but still wanted a card that would appeal to a little one.  The pinwheel is a rather popular fad right now, and I knew this would be the perfect fit.  This was my first time making a pinwheel and I was very pleased with the way it turned out and that it wasn't difficult to make.  I used Real Red and Whisper White and a Whisper White brad.  I created my own DSP using the cupcake from the retired set, Party Hearty.  The ink and paper are both Tempting Turquoise and then I cut it out with the Top Note die.  The happy birthday stamp is from the Pretty Postage stamp set and is stamped in Pacific Point ink and then punched out with the postage punch.  I also punched out some Real Red using the postage punch.  The last little bit was some 1/4" grosgrain ribbon in Real Red and it's all on a Whisper White card.

Please leave a comment.  I'd love to know what you think!!

Laura

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! Perhaps you should be one of those party planners/organizers for kids parties. You'd be great!

    ReplyDelete